Monday, February 06, 2006

The 'better late than never' Wedding Post

Well, Jenni and Lee's wedding was on Sunday and it was a deservedly flawless and thoroughly enjoyable occasion. The fun and relaxed vibe that floated merrily about the large and atmospheric castle venue* belied the hours of organisation that always go into these occasions. The bridesmaids (interesting typo I just had to correct of the 'bribemaids' - I don't know actually what a bribemaid would do, but it doesn't sound entirely decent) were so pretty. The vibrant teal/turquoise (was it teal or turquoise? Are they in fact the same colour?) dresses were sleek and sassy, and they were well-complimented with some great hair and accessories. The 'shiny happy people' radiance of the bridal party was outsparkled only by Jenni's awesome Tiara of ultimate shiny. Obviously, Jenni was a supremely beautiful bride and the dress was stunning enough to have stopped a horde of rampaging bison** but the tiara won the covetous hearts of all true 'shiny-thing' fanciers like myself. I have noticed that I am, true to my usual form, drivelling on about the ladies' attire and ignoring the men-folk. I guess I don't usually pay much attention to boy clothing but I did notice that Lee's shirt had a nice swirly design in the fabric. I have become something of a wedding connoisseur over the years having been to more than a few. They are always fun and I love to see folks I care about looking beautiful and sharing such a special moment in their lives with them. Also the food and refreshments are delicious.*** Well, I'm not sure what else there is to say except congratulations to the happy couple. Well done Jenni and Lee! It was a lovely wedding for a lovely couple. Oh and aren't you glad I restrained Matt and prevented him from writing, "may the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman" in your guest book? * So COOL!!! I want a castle of my very own! Or at least I want to be able to borrow one regularly. ** If bison have a tendency to halt in their tracks when they see pretty dresses and I think they do (although I have no scientific data to back this up…) *** I think it says something quite wonderful about the high quality of my friends and family that in over 80% of the weddings I have attended, the couples have made what I consider to be one of the most commendable decisions of their lives just as Matt and I did 5 and 1/2 years ago. That is, they have wisely opted for chocolate wedding cake rather than the granny-pleasing fruit cake which, lets face it, not that many of us with our own teeth actually like and even if we don't mind the odd slice of fruit cake, we still prefer chocolate because it is, well, chocolate.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cool! Wah! I want to go to weddings too! I just got photos off Morgue, so I got a snippet of the beautiful event...

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice recap :)

I'm glad I can stop rampaging bison herds.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for wedding update. Are you too busy for updating now 'cause of school? Being fully registered sucks!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home