Monday, July 07, 2008

8 glorious years

Yay! It's our 8th wedding anniversary today and Matt is on holiday! I think we have only ever had one or two anniversaries before where we weren't working.

Of course this is the first such occasion with a wee baby around which kind of changes the celebrations (in the best possible way). Less wining, messier dining, and a 6.15am start on a day off. No late night partying for us tonight :-)

It now feels like we have achieved most of original marriage goals - lived overseas, paid off student loan, bought a house and started a family. I believe we planned to have kids 'in about five years' for most the time right up until we actually started trying for a baby.

Now of course we need more marriage goals. Obviously we still have goals we want to achieve as individuals but it is good to have things you want to achieve as a team as well. We are open to suggestions for future goals of awesome. I'm leaning towards world domination as a goal - but I think Dominic is the most likely evil mastermind in the family, so we might need to wait a while before he's up to the challenge. Owning a cow is also a possibility - though the pooperscooper would be hard to weild. Becoming pirates would also rock.

Of course, no future goal can ever top the awesome that is The Dom:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I have been blanket texting your phones this morning and probably hit one of them twice! Have a great day with Dom and Matt - lovely that you can all be together on this day.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the anniversary day was all awesomeness. Beau and I are currently on track for our goals. I suggest "productive vege garden" as a goal you can do together! Family goal even :)

<3

1:43 AM  
Blogger debbie said...

Oh, good suggestion. I'd like to grow my own veggies.

11:29 AM  
Blogger debbie said...

I also have to comment on much I love Dominic's stripy pirate wool leggings. (They say 'arr, matey' on the back of the other leg). They feel so soft and warm. I kind of want some for myself - why don't they make baby clothes in adult sizes?

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like a vege garden. I don't know if Beau has any interest though.

The lack of baby clothes in adult sizes... a mystery. I always want the awesome cotton tights that little girls have!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

My suggestions for your family/marriage goals:

Open a bakery.

Become Pro Wrestlers. The world's first pro wrestling family? There's your gimmick right there!

Build a spare room out of lego.

Happy anniversary for Monday!

7:30 PM  
Blogger debbie said...

I'm torn between pro-wrestling and a room of Lego... Maybe we'll aim for both!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home