Sunday, September 13, 2009

Eat Candy Day and other news



So as Matt has already mentioned on his blog, neither of our cute photos of Dom eating fruit placed anywhere in the World Oral Health Day Photo Competition. Naturally, I was filled with bitter rage and indignation so I decided to declare Monday 'Eat Candy Day' and spent most of the weekend munching on sugary delicousness for practice*. Take that NZ Dental Association.

I am also investigating my new writing theory - haircuts make you more productive. After a sluggish week where my daily averages were dropping below the usual, I went out and got a Dorothy Parker-esque do. Thus far results have been promising. I churned out most of my part of the Event yesterday and got a fair portion of my current novella 'Mother of the Baskervilles' done today. Have not yet noticed an improved quality (was secretly hoping for a boost in the ascerbic wit department with said haircut) but I remain optimistic.

* Losing competitions, it turns out, is not something one becomes better at with more practice.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

We are quite good at not winning competitions, having a perfect record with the 48 and this one.

Our failure to not win in the Drive-thru Theatre contest and national finalist status in past Moviefest contests have sadly thrown a spanner in the works of my expecting-not-to-win sensibilities however...

12:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol on Eat Candy Day. Dom does look seriously happy with his fruit platter there ;)

2:26 AM  
Anonymous macow said...

"Mother of the Baskervilles"? Oh joy, another Debbie master / mistress piece - and, in case you missed it on Matt's blog, having read part 4, I think your lovely exteriors hide seriously scarey imaginations :)

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home