Wednesday, February 22, 2006

What the...? Where did all the time go?

Well, Term 1 2006 seemed to have raced off at a disorienting speed and I've found myself near the end of Week 3 with a exhausted and bewildered feeling not disimiliar to jet-lag. Under such circumstances I can, I think, be forgiven for the lack of bloggage. Classes are going as well as can be expected. I really like my Year 10 class and as those who are or have been in the education field know, that is a rare and much-to-be-envied thing. Many sage-like teachers have passed on their wisdom about such things* and apparently Year 10 is the generally accepted year where young and sweet year 9's turned into 'adolescents' and the side-effects of the puberty-fuelled devlopment is often not pleasant in terms of attitude and behaviour. I seem to remember that there was about a 6 month period*** around that age when I was just constantly grumpy _all the time_. It was a pretty miserable experience for me because being angry with the whole world isn't as much fun as you would think it might be. I suppose it probably wasn't that great for the people who had to be around me either. In fact, now I come to think of it, maybe that's why my former Year 10 English teacher was so shocked to bump into me in one of my English Honours classes. She said something about it being surprising and that I was "slow and uninterested in English at school" which I was a little miffed and attributed it to her bad teaching. After all, I did pretty well at English at school for my exams. But maybe she wasn't actually a bad English teacher. Maybe I was just one of those typical Year 10 students in her class. Weird to think about how you might have been perceived as a youth. Did I come accross as a sullen, unpleasant student with the wit and enthusism of a turnip? Such idle musings make me wonder how I am perceived now... Actually I'm trying to force a link to Johari here but I was going to do a link to my Johari anyway after seeing them on others blogs and such. It was actually tricky to narrow it down to 6 adjectives - I could have clicked a whole bunch. I wonder if I've have that problem with Nohari...**** * There is a lot of beard-stroking** in staff rooms where the elders past on their experience and knowledge through anecdotes and scathing cynicism. ** Although in the case of some women, the beard is purely metaphorical. *** Certain siblings may try to claim that it was for a somewhat longer length of time but that is merely a sign of their senility. :-) **** I'm not going to bother with a Nohari. I feel no compulsion to be balanced in self-analysis and reflection. I don't like to be mean about myself and too likely to get miffed if others clicked on well anything really. I guess that means I'm oversensitive? Blah, I'm too tired for self-improvement - maybe I dissect my flaws***** and work on them later... ***** I suppose I'll have to add 'lazy' and 'procrastinates' to the ever-increasing flaws list.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Update!

Nick would say more but he is tired and feet sore, and wants to go to bed.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie, yours was the hardest Johari yet. Maybe it was because I know you well but so many of the words seemed to apply, even opposites like introverted and extroverted.

I don't think my choices were very accurate as a result except for complex :) Weird.

Luke

11:52 AM  
Blogger Conan said...

Yeah - I kind of realised that there were words I wanted to use that weren't even on the list! :D

I'm still kicking myself for not picking adaptable as well. :P

Conan

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home