Monday, June 12, 2006

Believe it or not

Hmm, Matt just received notice from the Game Chef folks that they were short-listed for the Diana Jones Award. For a second I thought that the Monster Hunter phenomena had spread further than I had even imagined.

However, reality kicked back in and I discovered that Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming is in fact so named after a rubbed off engraving.

"Who is Diana Jones?

Nobody. The only visible part of the Indiana Jones logo within the trophy has been burnt away so that it reads Diana Jones, and the award takes its name from that." Source: http://www.dianajonesaw
ard.org/

So did the writers in fact name the Monster Hunting Action Heroine after this? Am I the only one who didn't get this as Gamer in-joke? Is it just a coincidence?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Debz,

Check out the comment on your husbands blog - the same applies to you! I hope all is well, look forward to catching up in the near future...

Jon

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was no coincidence. But aside from me, I'm thinking Morgue was the only one on the writing team who would've noticed.

I didn't know about the origin story, though. That's neat.

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ignore hix. It was ALL ON PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES.

Ahem. And Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope it was a good one :)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home